No 1st person ship context menu, and can't request docking.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

JonnyRocket72
x4

No 1st person ship context menu, and can't request docking.

Post by JonnyRocket72 » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 21:42

Since the 7.00 update I no longer get a context menu when I right click on a ship in FPS view. Only in map, and in map I don't see "request docking permission" with my ship if I am in a space suit:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 3232100048

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: No 1st person ship context menu, and can't request docking.

Post by Tranxalive » Wed, 8. May 24, 19:52

Can you give us a save to reproduce the issue with? We just need to see the specific situation, as sometimes weird issues like this are only in that save.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Mon, 13. May 24, 17:27

Tranxalive wrote:
Wed, 8. May 24, 19:52
Can you give us a save to reproduce the issue with? We just need to see the specific situation, as sometimes weird issues like this are only in that save.
Same issue, custom start in v.6.2, save is here. Troubles with own ships and stations only.

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Mon, 13. May 24, 18:20

I'm having the same problem with everything but only some of the time. I've noticed this in 3rd person as well. Right clicking makes the "wahwah" sound like its a bad thing to do. the only way to reset it is to go to map and then click on my ship and then right click on another ship. then when I close the map it works again.

A save really won't help you debug it, because reloading a save resolves the issue for me. I have not experienced this until BETA 5 and it happens to me all the time, but it is intermittent. I don't know what user behavior triggers it, but as soon as I get in that state, only reloading the game or opening map and left clicking on my ship then right clicking on another ship resolves it for me.

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Mon, 13. May 24, 18:28

So I can reproduce it by switching from 3rd person to 1st person, and toggling mouse control off and on. It seems to break the 1st person mode only actually.

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Tue, 14. May 24, 09:30

Ok, I believe I've narrowed this bug down... somewhat. It appears to be related to user settings.

Keep in mind, I have customized a lot of settings. but the following seems to cause it:

1. UI Scale set to 1.1 or greater
2. Radar Display set to Separate panel
3. FOV at 100
4. Fullscreen

This creates an invisible box which blocks mouse click input in the center of the screen, and it scales with UI Scale. It does not happen when Radar Display is OFF or Integrated. The larger you set the UI Scale, the bigger the invisible box is. This invisible box seems to only be present in first person mode.

I can resolve the issue by setting UI Scale to 1.0 and Radar Display to Separate Panel, and FOX slider at 60. I'm not 100% sure which settings are causing it, but it seems like a combination or user settings can be the culprit.

Please see if you can reproduce using those settings, if not, I can send a copy of my settings over. I am playing at FOV 60, UI Scale 1.0 and Radar on Separate for now as that seems to prevent the issue from happening anymore.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”