[Feedback] Some QoL improvements for controller players that I would love to see in 7.0

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

LaurensBER

[Feedback] Some QoL improvements for controller players that I would love to see in 7.0

Post by LaurensBER » Fri, 3. May 24, 01:00

Hi,

I'm amazed at how well X4 plays with a controller. The new additions to 7.0 are pretty amazing and X4 is very close to feeling like a controller native game. I've played almost 150 hours and I have some small suggestions that woud make it even easier:

1. Allow the "right click" context menu to loop. If I open the context menu (X on the map or right click with a mouse) the top option is selected by default, if I want to scroll towards the bottom using the dpad I need to scroll past 5-15 items, this takes a while. If instead when pressing up when the top option is selected, it would loop to the bottom option this would be fairly efficient. When having the bottom option selected and pressing down the top option should become the selected one. This would safe a lot of time when adding ships to fleets (since the Defend for commander, intercept for commander, etc) are all at the bottom.
2. Allow controller users to control the camera in the external view using the thumbstick if e.g the right thumbstick is pressed down. Looking at the cool spaceships is definitely part of the appeal of the game, it's a shame this isn't possible by default for controller players (or keyboard players w/h a numpad) in the external view. This does already work in the station and ship building view so it seems like a logical addition.
3. Please add an option in the context menu or shortcuts to open the "behavior" tab of a ship. When organizing fleets, this tab is used a lot and having a shortcut would safe so much time :)
4. Allow the user to modify the speed of the right thumbstick cursor in the menus. A bit of a speedup would save a fair bit of time over a long playthrough since this is so heavily used.

I hope these suggestions help and I would love to see them implemented for the final 7.0 release!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”