[7.0 beta 4] General feedback

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Vandragorax
x4

[7.0 beta 4] General feedback

Post by Vandragorax » Mon, 6. May 24, 17:51

Hey EGOSOFT!

I haven't posted in a long time over here, but I just wanted to come and say I've been playing 7.0 and absolutely LOVING IT. Great changes all around, love the new turret allocations (missile FIRST, fighter FIRST) and the new improved external view is *chefs kiss*

Only thing I'm not liking so much atm is the UI glow. I really want to like it as it adds a cool sci-fi feel, but please can you not apply the glow to quite so many things? Apply it on the UI as it looks cool there, but when I go on map view the glow is everywhere.... the jump lanes, every hexagon outline, it's too much. Perhaps remove it on some of these elements, as it makes the map view seem a bit too "blurry" and over-the-top for me so I end up turning glow off entirely - even though I actually like it on the menus.

Keep up the amazing work all of you and I'm super stoked to play Timelines when it's available!

Much love
Van
Admiral of the Fleet.

Vandragorax
x4

Re: [7.0 beta 4] General feedback

Post by Vandragorax » Mon, 6. May 24, 17:53

Oh and one other thing I've noticed, a lot of ships now seem to be crashing into each other when travelling. This wasn't happening in 6.x so seems to be something newly introduced. I am quite often in the past 24hrs getting my ship on autopilot crashing into other ships, or other AI slamming straight into me whilst travelling super fast, knocking us all over like bowling pins :D
Admiral of the Fleet.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [7.0 beta 4] General feedback

Post by CBJ » Mon, 6. May 24, 17:58

As per the forum rules, please don't post "general feedback" threads with multiple unrelated issues. That pretty much guarantees that they won't be seen by the right people. One issue per thread, please, and where there is a sticky thread for feedback on a particular topic, please use it. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”