Out Of System Combat

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

JudgeJudyDeath

Out Of System Combat

Post by JudgeJudyDeath » Sun, 5. May 24, 10:42

Hi all,

I've been playing X3TC (Had it on Disc, now bought on GOG) and I have installed the bonus scripts (CLS is a god send).

My issue at the moment is that the OOS combat has broken after I installed the bonus pack. All the ships, when I'm not physically in the sector, sit on top of one another and freeze. While this is quite useful when I'm ferrying things about (i.e. Factory prefabs) its frustrating because the CLS ships hide when there are enemies in the sector AND most, if not all, of the other sectors are over-run with pirates attacking stations, but not being destroyed. They continually spawn and spawn and spawn.

Does anyone know any topics that may help, or perhaps know the script I broke when installing the bonus pack?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Out Of System Combat

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 5. May 24, 13:04

I believe that avoiding sectors with known hostiles is a facility only done by Level 5 CLS pilots (Dealers) or above. If you did not wish them to avoid those sectors then lower level CLS pilots should do the trick - but with obvious risks and other limitations.

Clearing pirate infestations and encouraging friendly factions to build and police there is a longer term solution.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

JudgeJudyDeath

Post by JudgeJudyDeath » Sun, 5. May 24, 16:42

Thank you for your reply!

Its more that when I'm not in the system, no combat takes place. Its very strange and only happened after I installed the bonus pack. Is there a script in the game that handles, or influences, OOS combat and could it be affected by any of the scripts in the bonus pack?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 5. May 24, 19:40

There are OOS combat scripts but installing the Bonus Pack correctly should not affect them. I suppose that it is theoretically possible that while installing the BP something went wrong and corrupted other core files such as combat or jobs too, but that *should* be revealed and fixed by doing a GOG X3:TC gamefiles verify.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

JudgeJudyDeath

Post by JudgeJudyDeath » Mon, 6. May 24, 15:12

Hmmm, ok! How should I go about verifying the game files? Do I just run the installer again?

Could you point me/tell me how I might be able to back up my save games? (Just in case)
Edit: I found them (For future reference, they're held under Documents/Egosoft/)
Edit 2: I've backed up my saves, and am currently reinstalling the game (Without uninstalling first to see if there is a file that was corrupted)
Edit 3: Hmm, no, that didn't seem to work. I'll try installing the game elsewhere then replacing the scripts folder, see if that fixes it.
Edit 4: It seems replacing the scripts folder removes the addon scripts (such as CLS) but the problem remains in my save. Weird...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”