EGOSOFT is looking for motivated people to work on all areas of our next generation technology effort with the X games series.
While located in Germany, EGOSOFT is an international team dedicated to making the best space simulation games in existence. Our office is near Aachen in the very western end of Germany, very close to the Dutch and Belgian borders (so living in these countries and travelling to work is easily possible too).
General Requirements for all:
Founded in 1989, EGOSOFT first developed just for the German market. Our focus on space games, with a much more international target audience, started with 1999s "X: Beyond the Frontier", the first part in the ongoing X space game series.
- Able to actively gather feedback from the entire game team and translate it into improved gameplay
- Work cooperatively with programmers, designers, artists, and animators to prototype, implement, and polish the gameplay and UI features
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good communication skills
- ... AND: a passion for SciFi and space
Senior (3D) Artist (m/f/d)
EGOSOFT is looking for an experienced hard-surface artist to work with us on our own IP "X4: Foundations". As an artist at EGOSOFT, you will work in collaboration with the lead artist and the rest of the team. Due to the fact that EGOSOFT is a small company, there will be a wide range of areas you will work on, such as space ships, station modules, interiors, effects and atlas textures. We expect you to take your art all the way from ideas and concept through modeling, texturing and final setup and implementation in the game.
- Minimum of 5 years experience creating high quality assets in a production environment
- Strong working knowledge of Blender (or experience with equivalent tools and motivation to transfer those skills)
- Ability to design as well as create appealing and visually coherent assets inspired by our existing visual guidelines
- Strong knowledge of effective asset creation and optimization
- Experience with physically based rendering
- Experience working with atlas textures and creating of such
- Link to portfolio showcasing these skills
- Delivered at least one PC/Console game title
- Experience with Substance tools
- Experience with XML file structures
- Ability to communicate an artistic vision
- Experience with concepting
- Working knowledge of 2D image processing tools (Photoshop / Gimp)
- 3ds Max knowledge
- Experience with planning and documentation software (Jira / Confluence)
Interested? Contact us! Jobs @
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants.
The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our studio based in Würselen, Germany.